The waves are pumping on the north shore this week, so we know where all the wave-loving, adrenaline seeking guys and gals are during daylight hours, but what happens after the sun goes down? Well on Thursday, they are all going to be at the MACC for the premiere of The SUP Movie, featuring many of Maui’s (and the world’s!) best stand-up paddlers, including Kai Lenny, Kody Kerbox, Zane Schweitzer, Connor Baxter and lots more!
According to the premiere’s press release, leading action sports cinematographers follow top stand-up paddlers as they travel the globe, capturing unique perspectives from all facets of this growing sport.
Johnny DeCesare, the award-winning Director of Poor Boyz Productions, went with Kai to some very unusual locations while filming The SUP Movie–as far off as Alaska and Patagonia.
“We filmed The SUP Movie full-time for over a year, but since we’ve been filming Kai Lenny since he was 8-years-old,” shared director and cinematographer Jace Panebianco. “The movie has elements of his childhood and the evolution of SUP. But the focus of the film is to show the most progressive SUP surfing ever seen and to inspire kids to get on the water.”
Jace also shared that there will be short films, giveaways, poster signing and special guests – including the kids from The Boys & Girls Club of Maui!
See you there Thursday!
- LOCATION: Maui Arts & Cultural Center / Castle Theater
- EVENT DATE: Thursday, December 11th 2014
- EVENT SCHEDULE: 6:30 PM (shorts/giveaways); 7:15 PM (MOVIE STARTS); 8:00 PM (meet& greet giveaways)
- TICKETS: $15/adults & $10/kids 12 & under (includes applicable fees)
- Tickets available at the MACC box office; by calling (808) 242-SHOW (7469) or online www.mauiarts.org
- STARRING: Kai Lenny, Laird Hamilton, Noa Ginella, Kody Kerbox, Zane Schweitzer, Connor Baxter, Sean Pointer, Izzi Gomez, Lori Park & more.
- Filmed on location in: Maui, Mexico, Fiji, California, Europe, Nicaragua, Maldives & elsewhere.
Leave a Reply