June 27 Update: Fresh Mint is closing today after 13 years of serving vegetarian Vietnamese cuisine… and tomorrow is the last day to enjoy Paia Bay Coffee (closing at 1pm) – To hear where they are moving next, shoot them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org (we’ll try to keep you posted here too) – and to order their house blend of whole coffee beans, email them at the same.
It seems every time I drive through Paia now, something is newly opened or has shuttered its doors. Which is impressive since I drive through Paia a lot.
Here is a a refresher of the places that have closed in the last few months or so (and some brand new closures!).
- Paia Yoga
- Paia Pharmacy
- Paia Contemporary Gallery
- Eve Black Jewelry
- and Paia Bay Coffee only has a few weeks left on their lease…
Rumor: Nellie’s is rumored be turning into a full service restaurant, but who will be running the restaurant remains a mystery.
Truth: Dan and John Cesere opened their first art gallery last week (Cesere Brothers), at the former Paia Contemporary Gallery location, next to Tamara Catz.
Truth: Yogis in Paia seem to have migrated over to Infusion, ‘Maui’s first Yoga and Barre Studio’, located behind Dazoo and Pearl and run by Trish Bianco. We’ve been hearing good things about it.
Truth: Fans of Eve Black Jewelry will have to wait for the fall to get their glam on: here’s the word from Eva “I will take the jewelry collection to Europe for the summer, but I’ll be back on Maui in October to look for a new location.”
Truth: The artists of Makai Glass have opened Makai Gallery in the former Paia Pharmacy location, also featuring other artists such as Spar Street.
Truth: Construction has started in the vacant lot between Milagros and Alice in Hulaland – anyone care to start the rumors on what the building will be?
Rumors: are flying around that Paia will soon be home to a sushi joint and a vegan cafe. No confirmation has yet to be received, so I can’t share any more details at this point!
Truth: Another fairly new addition to Paia are the headquarters for Hawaii Web Group. This creative web marketing firm is quickly growing and needed more space. Paia was a perfect fit for them because Hawaii Web Group embraces their artistic side. As a ‘support-local’ blog, we appreciate that Hawaii Web Group only hires full time Maui residents with no outsourcing, something rare in that industry. Hawaii Web Group helps Maui businesses reach a larger audience online by creating engaging viral content, which is then promoted via their attractive, high-traffic Maui websites and popular social media profiles.
Truth: And a bit up Baldwin Avenue, Lumeria has opened up its restaurant, Mūbu, to the public for dinner. They are also opening up the Crystal Spa in June. Lumeria is a boutique yoga and wellness retreat catering to individual travelers and small groups seeking adventure for mind, body and spirit in barefoot elegance
Mūbu is Lumeria’s organic farm-to-table restaurant (breakfast and lunch for hotel guests only). Most ingredients come from Lumeria’s own farm and edible gardens and the remainder comes from within 10 miles of the property.
“Our chef always prepares what is freshest for the day, so we do not have a menu as it is prefix every day. If you would like to book with us, please call us to make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance.” Dinner is $40/person for a 3-course meal.
Lumeria’s Crystal Spa is set to open on June 1, and will be open daily between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm. The spa is decorated with clusters of crystals not only for their beauty but to balance and harmonize the energy in the space and to offer their energy to all spa guests. Here are some more details from the spa, which takes up over 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space:
- Coconut Grove: The Spa’s adjacent coconut grove offers a great place for peaceful meditation and lounging among the tall coconut palms that offer delicious, fresh coconut water and flesh, harvested for the Spa’s use.
- 5 indoor crystal spa shalas– Each uniquely decorated spa cottage, housing crystal clusters, geodes and spheres that offer beautiful energy that can transform the spirit, inspire intuitive insight, guards against negative vibrations, and smooth’s the energy flows of spirit and body.
- 2 ocean view massage shalas-Our private, open-beam constructed massage cottages are perfect for your open air connection or a romantic outdoorsy spa journey. These Massage Shalas have a cozy Plantation feel with beautiful views of the full length of the garden and the Pacific coast
- Indoor tandem suite: For couples, friends and parent/child services
- Janta Lounge (musical journey) – The spa invites you to arrive one hour prior your spa treatment and partake in the relaxing Janta Lounge, a world infused with the sounds of harmony and healing. Seat and listen the vibrational harmonics embedded into a custom musical journey, which are then combined with multi-dimensional sounds of nature and the pure tones of silicon crystal bowls. The Musical Journey is complimentary to all Lumeria Crystal Spa Guests.
- Ladies and Gentlemen Dressing Rooms: Designed to offer the best start and end to your spa experience with individual changing areas to ensure maximum privacy.
- Color & Aromatherapy Shower: This watercolor experience is designed to shower you in relaxing sensations and to improve your overall health and well- being. Shining different colors of light thru a water rain on the skin has tremendous health benefits.
- Aroma Crystal Bar: offers you custom blend spa products to ease stress, touch the senses and promote healing. This Aroma Bar serves up a refreshing blend of aromatherapy on crystals for your sauna bath, a custom blend for your massage
- Crystal energy sauna: We offer an intimate and private experience with our small wooden sauna room designed as a place to experience dry heat sessions with infused aromatic crystals. The high heat makes the bathers detox, relax and balance.
Comments on: "Paia News- Truths vs Rumors Part 2" (1)
I’m already in love with Cesere Brothers. Their online stuff is amazing I bet their shop is gorgeous.